Epistemology or 10 Ways of Knowing:
Discover Something New Every Day: The Challenge
1. Watching a daughter in sleep.
2. Determining which birds are pacifists and which are competitors at the feeders. Squirrels will let the finches feed with them, but not the jays. Jays will let finches and turtle doves feed with them, but no crows allowed. Crows are hoggish, but fascinating.
3. Smelling the air after rain on a humid day.
4. Rubbing a dog’s fat belly.
5. Eating a ripe peach.
6. Reading the right poem at the just-right time.
7. Singing with Lester Flatt.
8. Finding an old photograph of your parents.
9. Receiving a letter.
10. Striking the right chord.